Spiced butternut soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 5
- 4 whole butternut squash
- 4 large carrots
- 3 onions
- 1L veg stock
- 2 teaspoons med curry powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- Cayenne pepper sauce to taste.
- STEP 1Peel, half and deseed the butternut. Peel carrots. Peel an quarter the onions. Roast all the veg 180c for 30 mins
- STEP 2In a large pan dissolve all dry ingredients in the vegetable stock add the roasted vegetables and simmer until all soft. Approx 15 mins
- STEP 3Blend in batches and return to the pan.
- STEP 4Stir in the honey and crème fraîche.
- STEP 5Serve with fresh bread rolls and pepper sauce on the table.