Chicken Pasta Bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 4
Chicken Pasta Bake with bacon, onion and mushroom in a creamy sauce.
- 100g Pasta (bows, twists, tubes or shells),
- 4 medium sized mushrooms, peeled and chopped,
- Half an Onion, diced,
- 4/5 rashers of bacon,
- 1 tray of Chicken Goujons,
- 1 jar of creamy tomato sauce,
- 1 jar of white (lasagne) sauce,
- Grated cheese (optional topping),
- Breadcrumbs (optional topping),
- STEP 1Finely chop onion and mushrooms. Cut bacon and chicken into small pieces. Cook all this in large frying pan. Boil pasta in a saucepan of water for 10/12 mins. Drain and add to frying pan.
- STEP 2Add creamy tomato sauce (put a little water into empty jar and replace lid and shake. Then add to chicken/pasta). Stir in well.
- STEP 3Bring back to boil. Reduce heat. Cover with lid and simmer gently for 10 mins. Stir occasionally.
- STEP 4Grease a large shallow oven proof dish
- STEP 5(ie lasagne dish) or smaller individual dishes. Put chicken/pasta into dish and pour a thin layer of white sauce over the top.
- STEP 6Sprinkle with grated cheese and breadcrumbs.
- STEP 7TO SERVE : Heat in middle of oven Gas No. 5 for approx 20 mins or when cheese starts to brown. Serve with side salad and garlic bread.