Chocolate Beetroot Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
Rich chocolate cake
- 225g dark chocolate (good quality) I used green and blacks organic
- 225g butter
- 225g cooked beetroot (grated)
- 225g brown sugar
- 115g flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- Walnuts to sprinkle on top
- STEP 1Pre-heat oven to 180c / gas 4
- STEP 2Grease a loose bottomed 23cm or 9inch pie tin.
- STEP 3Heat the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat until melted.
- STEP 4Whisk all the ingredients, except the walnuts, together in a bowl
- STEP 5Put into prepared tin and sprinkle the walnuts on top.
- STEP 6Bake in oven for 30 - 35 minuts. centre should be a little soft. Leave to stand in tin for about 5 - 10 minutes. Remove and drizzle with melted chocolate if liked. Enjoy! I like to eat warm with a little bourbon vanilla ice cream!