Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 2 x 1kg Loaves
Moist brown bread
- 2lb Brown Flour of choice. I used wholemeal
- 4 oz Pinhead Oatmeal
- 4 oz Oat Bran
- 4oz Wheat Germ
- 2 Dessert Spoons Bread Soda
- Litre of Buttermilk
- Small bottle of stout (Optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Sunflower Oil
- 2 Dessert Spoons of Treacle
- 2 Dessert Spoons of Honey
- 2 Dessert Spoons of Sesame Seeds
- STEP 1Mix together wet and dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- STEP 2Transfer to 2 Oiled 1kg Loaf Tins
- STEP 3Bake at 160 c (fan oven) for 40 Minutes Increase to 180 c for 10 Minutes
- STEP 4Leave to cool in tins.