Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Fat Burning Chicken Nuggets
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Be careful these nuggets are highly addictive,and their flavour will put to shame those greasy disgusting nuggets you’ll find at most quick food outlets! This recipe serves 6
- 3 x 6oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup of wheat germ
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Garlic powder (pinch)
- 1/2 cup water or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large egg white
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F. Prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or coating lightly with best-quality olive oil.
- STEP 2Cut chicken breasts into nugget-sized pieces, about 1.5 inches square. Set aside.
- STEP 3Next, combine all dry ingredients in a large container with a tightly fitting lid. Shake well. This is your coating mixture.
- STEP 4Combine water and egg in a medium bowl. Dip each piece in the water/egg-white mixture. Then dip each piece in the coating mixture. Make sure each piece is well coated.
- STEP 5Place on the baking sheet. When all of your chicken has been coated and your baking sheet is full, place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.