Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pea and bacon pasta frittata
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Energy - 454kcal Fat - HIGH 25.7G Saturates - HIGH 9.7g Sugars - low 2.9g Salt - medium 2.2g
- 150g macaroni
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 100g smoked bacon lardons
- 150g frozen peas
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 100g feta
- Small handful fresh mint, chopped, plus extra to serve
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 200oC/180oCfan/Gas 6. Cook the macaroni as per the pack instructions.
- STEP 2While the pasta cooks, heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan and cook the onion and bacon over a medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until turning golden. Stir in the peas and cook for 1 minute.
- STEP 3Drain the cooked pasta and add to the frying pan, spread out, then pour over the beaten eggs. Cook for 2 minutes, then dot over the cheese and sprinkle with mint. Transfer to the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes. If you don't have an ovenproof frying pan, cook the fritata on the hob for 5 minutes then pop it under a hot grill for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through. Scatter over fresh mint to serve.