Easy peasy sponge cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
Classic Victoria sponge. With strawberry jam and a dusting of icing sugar it's perfect for a summer picnic.
- Fresh Strawberries
- Strawberry Jam
- STEP 1Blend sugar and butter together.
- STEP 2Whisk the eggs then add them to the butter and sugar.
- STEP 3Fold in the flour until your arm aches. Put into a greased and lined cake tin or cup cake cases.
- STEP 4Put in the oven, after 15mins check if cooked by sticking a skewer into the middle of the cake if it comes out wet leave in for another 2-4mins and repeat as many times as needed.
- STEP 5Take out of the tin or cup cake tin and leave to cool for 1-2hours and ice/fill as you wish.