- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
inexpensive , filling and very tasty.
- 450g potatoes , peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 tsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green pepper , deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 3 eggs , beaten
- 1 tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- freshy ground black pepper
- STEP 1Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 6 - 8 minutes until just tender. Drain thoroughly.
- STEP 2Heat the oil in a non - stick frying pan. Add the onion and pepper and fry gently for 3 - 4 minutes until softened.
- STEP 3Add the potatoes and parsley and gently combine. Beat together the eggs and parmesan. Season with black pepper.
- STEP 4Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook for 3 - 4 minutes to set the base , then place under a medium - hot grill and cook until golden set.
- STEP 5Serve with a crisp salad.