Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
roated vegetable couscous
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This tasty couscous can be enjoyed on its own , served with grilled fish or reduced fat goats cheese!
- 1 red peper deseeded and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper deseeded and chopped
- 2 courgettes sliced
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 300g couscous
- 450g reduced salt vegetable or chicken stock
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200c , fan oven 180c , gas mark 6.
- STEP 2Put the peppers , courgettes and onion into a roasting tin and add the vegetable oil , tossing to coat.
- STEP 3Meanwhile , put the couscous into a heatproof bowl and add the hot stock , stirring to mix. Cover and leave for 10 - 15 minutes to soak and swell , then stir with a fork to fluff up the grains.
- STEP 4Remove the vegetables from the oven and add the cherry tomatoes and couscous , stirring them through. Season with some pepper. Return to the oven for a further 5 minutes to heat through , then serve