New potato and tuna salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 4 portions
Tuna in a lemon juice , garlic and parsley dressing tastes fantastic and it goes really well with new potatoes!
- 1kg new potatoes scrubbed
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans tuna in water drained
- 5 spring onions trimmed and finaly chopped
- 1/4 cucumber finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- STEP 1Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender , about 15 - 20 minutes.
- STEP 2Meanwhile , mix together the garlic , the parsley , lemon juice , zest and olive oil to make the dressing.
- STEP 3Drain the potatoes well , then put them into a salad bowl. Pour over the dressing and stir it through so that the flavours are soaked up by potatoes as they cool down.
- STEP 4Flake the tuna fish into chunks and add to the potatoes with the spring onions , cucumber and tomatoes. Toss together gently , then serve at once.