Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 slices
with caramel chocolate & banana
- 75g butter , softened
- 25g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 397g can nestle carnation caramel
- 225g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 ripe bananas , peeled and mashed
- 50g cooks' ingredients dark chocolate chocolate chunks
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180c/gas mark4. Grease and base line a 1kg loaf tin.
- STEP 2Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy then add the egg followed by the caramel. Mix the flour and baking powder together and gradually fold into the caramel mixture.
- STEP 3Fold in the banana and 3/4 chocolate chunks and pour into the prepared tin. Sprinkle over the remaining chocolate chunks.
- STEP 4Bake for 1 hour , covering loosely with foil for the last 15 minutes if it gets to dark. The cake is cooked if a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- STEP 5Allow to call slightly before removing from the tin then slice and serve.