- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 6 waffles
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1.75 cups milk
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- STEP 1Sift all of the dry ingredients and separate the eggs.
- STEP 2Add the beaten the egg yolks and vanilla essence to the milk and mix with the dry ingredients.
- STEP 3Add the melted butter to the mixture and mix well.
- STEP 4Whip the egg whites until stiff and gently fold into the mixture.
- STEP 5Drop onto a waffle maker, close and bake for about 5 - 6 minutes or until done to your liking.