Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pancetta, Red Onion, Herb & Lemon Stuffing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Delicious recipe for a side accompaniment for chicken turkey and game Also a great Stuffing!!!
- 240g Pancetta
- 2 Medium Red Onions, peeled
- 30g Butter
- 1 x Lemon
- 20g Fresh Herbs - Rosemary
- parsley and Thyme
- 70g Trail Seed Mix
- 3 x slices Malted or Seeded Bread
- 1 x Large Egg
- Salt and Pepper
- STEP 1Prepared - heat the oven to 200C / 400F /Gas Mark 6
- STEP 2Chop the red onions and fry them in the butter along with the chopped pancetta. Cook on a low heat until the onion is softened. Make some breadcrumbs with the Malted Bloomer.
- STEP 3Chop the Herbs finely and mix with the breadcrumbs and seed mix. Add this mixture to the onion and pancetta. Zest the Lemon and add to the Stuffing mix, along with the juice.
- STEP 4Season with some salt and black pepper. Finally, whisk the egg and add to the mix. Put into an oven proof dish and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.