Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
SWEET POTATO, COCONUT AND SPINACH CURRY
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A lovely spiced curry for when you fancy some comfort food! I used a mild curry powder so, depending how hot you like it, adjust accordingly.
- 30ml of groundnut or sunflower oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 400g sweet potatoes, chopped in to chunks
- 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 250g baby leaf spinach
- 25g ground almonds
- 1 green chili, sliced
- 1/2 tin of coconut milk
- squeeze of lime juice to taste
- STEP 1In a wide heavy-based pan, fry the onion in the oil with a lid on to soften for about 5 minutes. Stir in the sweet potato chunks, curry powder and turmeric and fast fry with the lid off until it begins to stick to the bottom.
- STEP 2In batches, stir in the spinach, adding the ground almonds and chilli. When the spinach is all in the pot and begins to collapse, pour in the coconut milk, add some salt, stir well and put the lid back on.
- STEP 3Keep it at an active simmer, stirring from time to time, for about 20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked. Take the lid off and let the curry reduce down to a thicker consistency (NB – only if the sauce looks like it needs it!)
- STEP 4Finish the curry by stirring in the lime juice and adjust seasoning to taste.