Avocado, sardines & eggs on toast
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A simple, super healthy and delicious quick supper.
- 4 slices multi seed bread
- 1 large avocado
- 1 120g tin sardines in olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Lemon juice
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Small handful chopped parsley
- STEP 1Very lightly toast the bread.
- STEP 2In the meantime, prepare the avocado by removing all the flesh and mashing it in a small bowl with a squirt of lemon juice.
- STEP 3Prepare the sardine mixture by emptying the tin into a small bowl, adding the crushed garlic, lemon juice, parsley and some black pepper. Break the fish up with a fork and make sure everything is mixed together.
- STEP 4Spread the avocado evenly on each slice of toast, and top each slice with the sardine mixture. Pop in a medium grill for about 5 minutes until browned.
- STEP 5While the toast is under the grill, fry 4 eggs. Place the eggs on top of each slice of toast, add black pepper and serve with a simple tomato and spinach salad.