- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 10 pancakes
These heavenly Chocolate Pancakes will put a smile on everybody's face.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine (melted)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- Strawberries and cream optional
- STEP 1In a bowl combine milk, egg and butter. Whisk until blended.
- STEP 2In another bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- STEP 3Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredient and whisk until dry ingredients are moistened. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- STEP 4Heat saucepan over medium heat until hot. Water droplets should sizzle then evaporate.
- STEP 5Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto saucepan and cook for 1-2 minutes or until set around the edges. Carefully flip and cook for 1-2 minutes or until pancakes are cooked through.
- STEP 6Serve warm with desired topping.