Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Bread butter pudding
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
A traditional bread butter pudding that is easy and is recommended for tea and desert.
- 6 slices of one day old bread
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- half cup of raisins (optional)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of milk
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinamon
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- STEP 2Break bread into small pieces. The crusts could be sprinkled on top of the bread. Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
- STEP 3In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- STEP 4Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.