Aromatic Tomato and Mango Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 6 tomatoes (diced)
- 4 plum tomatoes (diced)
- 200g packet of cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1 whole large garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 onion (chopped finely)
- 1 medium raw mango peeled and sliced into long pieces
- 2 tsps of Fenugreek seeds - found in asian grocery stores
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- 3-4 tsps of salt
- 1 and half pints of water
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Handful of fresh coriander chopped finely
- STEP 1Heat oil in a pan. Add fenugreek seeds and let it temper on medium heat for 30 secs. Add crushed garlic, onion and salt, stir often until slightly brown/caramalised (add a little water if you feel it is sticking to the pan). Add turmeric and chilli powder and stir for 1 minute on lowish heat. Add all the various tomato combinations, stir and leave to soften on medium-low heat for 20 mins.
- STEP 2Add mango slices, stir into the tomato broth and then leave it for 10 mins to soften. Add water and let it boil for 15 mins.
- STEP 3Garnish with fresh coriander.