Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
My Kind of Fruit Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 8
A light, moist, crumbly fruit cake, packed with plump raisins, sultanas, currants, cranberries and mixed peel. This cake is a nice alternative to traditional fruit cakes used for wedding and christmas cakes but still makes an excellent base for icing and decorating and making tiered cakes.
- 250g of Stork
- 12 oz of Self Raising Flour
- 6 oz of Caster Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 120z Dried Mixed Fruit Including Cranberries
- 200ml of Cranberry Juice
- 200ml of Orange Juice
- tbsp Mixed Spice
- STEP 1First soak the dried fruit in the cranberry and orange juice. Allow this to soak whilst you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- STEP 2In a large mixing bowl cream the sugar and stork until pale.
- STEP 3Add the mixed spice to the flour and sieve half of the flour and one egg to the mixture, beating well.
- STEP 4Then repeat this with the remaining flour and egg.
- STEP 5Drain the fruit from the juices, and then add to the mixture.
- STEP 6Pour the mixture into a 9-10 inch cake tin and cook in the oven for 1 hour 45 mins at 130c until the cake is firm to touch.
- STEP 7Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 2 hours before tucking in!