Chicken, chorizo & ‘patatas bravas’ tray bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Chicken, chorizo, tomatoes and potatoes
- 700 grams/25 ounces baby potatoes, washed and sliced in half
- ½ to 1 bulb garlic, broken up into cloves (unpeeled)
- 800 grams/28 ounces skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 6 thighs)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- large pinch cayenne chili pepper (optional)
- salt, pepper & olive oil
- 1 chorizo (about 125 grams/4.5 ounces), sliced fairly thickly (about 1 inch slices
- 600 grams/21 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- large handful of fresh basil leaves
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180C/355F.
- STEP 2Put the baby potatoes in a large baking dish or roasting tray along with the garlic.
- STEP 3Rub the paprika all over the chicken, then tuck it in between the potatoes and garlic in the dish/tray. Drizzle everything with olive oil (probably about 2 tablespoons) and jiggle around a little. Finally, sprinkle the cayenne pepper over the chicken (if using) and grind a generous amount of salt/pepper over the whole dish.
- STEP 4Bake for about 30 minutes, then remove from the oven, jiggle the potatoes around a bit and add the chorizo to the dish (poke it down well so that it doesn’t dry out). Then add the tomatoes. Return the dish/tray to the oven for another 30 minutes.
- STEP 5Remove from the oven and drizzle over the balsamic vinegar. Scatter over the basil and serve.