Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Tomato and Mozzarella Salad with pesto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Perk up mozzarella and tomato salad with pesto
- 500 g (1 lb) ripe tomatoes, preferably different types, such as heirloom and cherry and plum
- about 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- small handful of rucola leaves
- 150 g (5 oz) mozzarella scredded
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- half a normal onion
- small handful red pepper
- salt and pepper
- STEP 1Cut half the tomatoes into thick slices and the other half into wedges. Arrange the slices on a large serving plate, slightly overlapping each other.
- STEP 2Put the tomato wedges into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix carefully and arrange on top of the tomato slices.
- STEP 3Add the rucola leaves and mozzarella and the onion and red pepper to the tomato wedges. Drizzle the salad with more olive oil and balsamic vinegar, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.