Mustard & Tarragon Pork Steaks
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
An elegant dinner dish which is inexpensive and easy to prepare
- 8 pork steaks, about 4 oz each
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ⅔ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- salt and black pepper
- STEP 1Season the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper
- STEP 2Heat the butter and oil together in a large skillet and as soon as the butter stops foaming add the steaks. Cook over a medium heat for 3–4 minutes each side until golden. Remove from the pan and wrap loosely in foil. Rest for 5 minutes.
- STEP 3Add the stock to the pan and simmer for 3 minutes then stir in the cream and mustard and simmer gently for 1–2 minutes until thickened slightly. Add the tarragon and remove from the heat.
- STEP 4Arrange the pork on plates, pour over the sauce, and serve with some steamed green vegetables, if desired.