- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A very tasty homemade cream of mushroom soup. Serve hot with warm crusty bread. Perfect for a starter or snack for chilly winter months
- 500g mushrooms
- 90g butter
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- 1 litre hot stock chicken or vegetable
- 1/2 cup single cream
- salt and pepper
- STEP 1Heat up the butter in a medium pan and cook the garlic and onions until they're soft but not browned. This should take five to six minutes.
- STEP 2The next step is to add the mushrooms, and cook over a high heat for 3 minutes whilst stirring constantly.
- STEP 3Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms, mix well to combine. Stir in the flour and mix well, making sure all the mushrooms are well coated.
- STEP 4Pour in the hot chicken stock and bring to the boil. Add the bay leaf and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the bay leaf and leave the soup to cool for a few minutes.
- STEP 5Place the soup in a food processor or if you have a hand blender this is much easier to use. Blend well till smooth, it may be necessary to do this in two batches.
- STEP 6Rinse the saucepan and return to soup, season with salt and pepper and reheat until boiling. Stir in the cream....