Toffee breadcrumb topping
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes Makes a large jar full.
A wonderful sweet topping to serve with fresh fruit, cream and icecream.
- 6 slices of bread made into fine crumbs
- 225g Brown sugar
- 125g butter
- STEP 1Melt butter and sugar in a heavy bottomed frying pan.
- STEP 2Add bread crumbs and stir together until completely coated.
- STEP 3Stirring all the time, cook until the mixture becomes crispy not burnt.
- STEP 4Turn onto baking parchment until cooled, keep separating till it resembles thick crispy crumbs.
- STEP 5May be stored in a jar for about 6 months and used as necessary.