- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 14
The key to which makes this is so easy, is you dont need to weigh anything out! Also, not recommended for those concerned about calories..
- Good Quality Porridge Oats, Two Pint Glasses
- Melted Butter, One Pint Glass
- Dark Muscovado Sugar, One Pint Glass
- Golden Syrup, As much as you like!
- STEP 1Bring your Butter and Sugar to a high enough temperature where the Sugar melts and then creates a very rich in colour, thick sauce.
- STEP 2Pour this over your basin filled with Oats and mix thoroughly. You can then bake just like this, but if you want a nice sticky finish, add some golden syrup! A little will sweeten the flapjack more but the more you put in the gooeyer it gets!
- STEP 3Bake at 160 Fan Ass/180/Gas 4 until you can see trhe edges start to darken. Then remove and leave to cook with its own residual heat.
- STEP 4Cool completely and cut. Lovely topped with melted and drizzled chocolate or flavoured icing.