Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Healthier gooey chocolate mugcake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
A healthier version of a favourite cake! Takes a maximum of 5 minutes to make, super easy and is only 150 calories!!
- 20g self raising flour
- 10g cocoa powder
- 10g Cadbury highlights hot chocolate powder ( or one sachet)
- 1-2 tbs of low-calorie sweetener
- 2-3 tbs of water
- STEP 1In a mug, mix the flour, cocoa powder, hot chocolate powder and sweetener until all combined.
- STEP 2Add the water to the mug, a tablespoon at a time, and stir continuously until you have a smooth, thick batter.
- STEP 3Scrape the sides and bottom of the mug to make sure all the dry and wet ingredients have been mixed in then pop into the microwave on high for 25-45 seconds depending on how gooey you want the cake.
- STEP 4Take the mug out the microwave and make sure it is to your desired consistency. If it is too gooey for you, pop it back in the microwave for another 5-10 seconds and test again until you are happy.
- STEP 5Then just tip it out onto a plate, scrape out any remaining sauce onto your cake and enjoy!!