Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Sweet Chilli Alfredo
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Quick easy vegetarian with a not-too-spicy kick from the sweet chilli. Eat as is or use as a base adding favourite veggies - maybe asparagus or cherry tomatoes.
- 180g Cream cheese (I use a tub of light Philadelphia)
- 180ml of milk (I use plain soy milk)
- A good splash of lemon juice (or lime)
- 8 table spoons (or more per preference) Sweet Chilli sauce (I use the dipping sauce)
- 2 cloves or garlic (or you can use garlic salt)
- 500g Pasta - I like spaghetti but you can use any kind
- STEP 1Cook and strain pasta. Follow the directions on the packet but pasta usually takes 8-15 mins depending on type.
- STEP 2While pasta is cooking, melt/mix together the cream cheese and milk on low heat.
- STEP 3Add garlic, lemon juice, and sweet chilli sauce and continue to mix evenly.
- STEP 4When the pasta is done cooking, drain and toss together with the sauce in a serving bowl. Voilà.
- STEP 5Two tips: 1) If you find you were two hesitant with the sweet chilli sause just mix a little more into your portion. 2) I fridge left over portions and eat cold for lunches as it's tasty cold too. Let the pasta cool all the way down before putting it in the fridge.