Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 large, or 2 smaller, burritos
An American-style vegetarian wrap, with a savoury bean filling.
- 1/2 a 400g can mixed or black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 40g (a big dollop) mild salsa
- 50g herby soft cheese (like chive or garlic Philadelphia)
- 1/2 an onion (chopped)
- 1/3 pepper (chopped)
- Frozen sweetcorn (optional)
- Clove of garlic (crushed)
- A little oil for frying
- Coriander and cumin (optional, but recommended)
- Black pepper or other herbs (optional)
- Tortilla wrap (one or two, for serving)
- STEP 1Fry the garlic and onion for a few minutes, until the onion is a little brown.
- STEP 2Add the beans, pepper and salsa. Add the sweetcorn now too, if you are using it. Continue to heat for a minute or two.
- STEP 3Add the soft cheese, in small chunks. Mix until it has all melted into the filling.
- STEP 4Add salt to taste. You can add coriander, pepper, cumin or other herbs too, if you like.
- STEP 5Continue to heat and stir until the bean filling has reduced to the consistency you would like it. Be aware that the filling tends to thicken a bit after sitting and cooling for a while.
- STEP 6Serve in a warmed tortilla (or two, if you want a couple of smaller burritos, instead of one big one). You can toast the wrapped burrito in the oven, with grated cheese on top, if you like.