Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
Easy delicious home made crumpets. Great comfort food on a cold winter's evening.
- 225g strong plain flour
- 1 Level teaspoon salt
- 1 Level teaspoon dried yeast
- 1 Level teaspoon caster sugar
- 275ml milk
- 55ml water
- STEP 1Heat milk and water together until hand hot then add sugar and yeast. Leave this mixture until it has a frothy head.
- STEP 2Sieve flour and salt into a large bowl. Add the yeast mixture and whisk until smooth and then cover with cling film and leave in a warm place for around 45 minutes.
- STEP 3Cook in a non-stick fry pan lightly buttered. 1 ladel of mixture for each crumpet. Use rings to give a perfect finish. Cook on a low to medium heat.
- STEP 4Once bubbles on top of the crumpet pop flip over until brown