- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 36
Lovely cheese straws!
- 120g butter, softened
- 450g grated Cheddar Cheese
- 250g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder (Optional)
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6. Grease a baking tray.
- STEP 2In a large bowl cream butter and cheese. Stir in flour and salt; mix well
- STEP 3On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1.25cm in thickness.
- STEP 4Cut into 5cm strips and sprinkle with chilli powder, if desired.
- STEP 5Place strips on prepared baking tray 3 to 4cm apart.
- STEP 6Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp.