Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 loaf
Easy, quick recipe to use up ripe bananas!
- 285g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 110g butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 85ml buttermilk (normal milk with 1.5 tsp lemon juice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- STEP 11. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- STEP 2Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- STEP 3In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- STEP 4Add the eggs, mashed bananas, buttermilk and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in the flour mixture.
- STEP 5Grease a 20cm x 12.5cm/8in x 5in loaf tin and pour the cake mixture into the tin.
- STEP 6Transfer to the oven and bake for about an hour, or until well-risen and golden-brown.
- STEP 7Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.