Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes About 20 brownies
Try my simple yummy brownie recipie, Enjoy!
- 250g caster sugar
- 180g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 110g plain flour
- Tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 150g walnuts
- 180g chocolate drops
- sprinkle with icing sugar
- STEP 1Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm square cake tin with baking parchment. Preheat oven at 160'c/ gas 3/ 325'F. Fill the saucepan with a little water, and sit a heat proof bowl on top. Place butter and chocolate into the saucepan.
- STEP 2Put the saucepan over a low heat. The chocolate and butter will grently melt over about 10 minutes. Don't stir the chocolate mixture! This will solidify the chocolate and you would not be able to melt it again after that. When completly melted, stir gently with a wodden spoon.Turn off the heat, remove the bowl from the pan and set aside to cool.
- STEP 3Put the 3 eggs, 250g of caster sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract in a large bowl and whisk together. Then add cool chocolate mixture. Now add 110g of flour.If you would like add 150g of chopped walnuts.
- STEP 4Pour the mixture in the baking tray and smooth out with a spatula. Place in the preheated oven and cook for 20-30 minutes. Check after 20 minutes, insert a skewer and if it comes out clean it is ready. If not clean, cook for a further 5 minutes and then repeat the same method.
- STEP 5Remove the brownies from the oven and set aside to cool for at least 30 minutes. Once completly cool, cut equal sized squares with a sharp knive. Use a pallet knive to transfer the brownie to a serving plate.