Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Veggie Sausage Casserole
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Easy shove into the slow cooker vegetarian sausage casserole. Serve this with roast potatoes, jacket potato, mash potato or crusty bread.
- Water (amount depends on the spice mix)
- 8 Vegetarian sausages of your choice
- Sausage Casserole mix
- A pinch of Rosemary
- a pinch of thyme
- 1 Large carrot
- 2 Peppers
- 2 Onion
- 1/2 Mushrooms
- Any spare veg lying around
- A can of haricot beans if you want more protein
- STEP 1Pre-brown the sausages. They do not have to be cooked all the way through, but enough that the skin is hard. Whilst doing this cut up the pepper and onion in large chunks and cut the carrot thinly. Also cut up any other veg you are adding.
- STEP 2Fry off the veg until the pepper and the onion is cooked. While these are cooking, add the water to the packet mix as instructed.
- STEP 3Place the sausages, veg and sauce into the casserole dish. If adding beans, add them now. Add the extra herbs.
- STEP 4Leave on high for four hours or low for 8.