Sweet Potato and Chorizo Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Fabulous rich smokey soup
- 1tbsp oil
- 75g chorizo
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 750g sweet potatoes
- 2 pints chicken/vegetable stock
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- STEP 1Heat oil and chorizo in pan until chorizo is golden brown. Remove chorizo and use oil to fry onion in.
- STEP 2Fry for 8-10 mins until soft then add garlic and fry for 1 minute. Stir in sweet potato and stock, bring to boil the simmer for 10-15 mins, until sweet potatoes are soft.
- STEP 3Remove sprigs of rosemary and add chorizo back in. Use hand blender to whiz soup until smooth, season to taste.
- STEP 4Divide into 4 bowls and garnish with a swirl of oil.
- STEP 5Serve with crusty bread.