Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Easy one pot vegetable and sweet potato soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A really simple yummy and healthy one pot creamy Chunky vegetable soup with sweet potato and melted broccoli
- 1 large potato chopped into 1cm chunks
- 1 large sweet potato chopped into 1cm chunks
- Medium sized Broccoli head finely chopped - remove as much stalk as possible
- 3 medium carrots in small slices or chunks
- 2 leeks finely chopped
- 2-3 large spoonfuls of full fat cream cheese
- Garlic clove very finely chopped or tsp of granules
- Pinch of Mixed herbs
- Vegetable stock cube
- Optional sprinkle of finely grated Hard cheese such as Parmesan for serving over soup
- STEP 1Heat a large pan with water sufficient to cover the veg (about half full) and add stock cube, garlic and herbs, potatoes and sweet potatoes and simmer for approximately 10 minutes. (Whilst the potatoes start to cook you have just enough time to chop up the remaining veg)
- STEP 2Add remaining vegetables and continue to simmer for at least 20 minutes. Add additional water if required to cover the veg. Stir occasionally.
- STEP 3Add cream cheese, stir until about 2 minutes after it has melted.
- STEP 4Serve with bread and finely grate hard cheese if desired. Leftovers taste even better the next day