Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Great for freezing
- Makes 36 cookies
Real American style cookies
- 250g softened butter
- 120g caster sugar
- 240g soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour
- 220g rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 100g Cocoa powder
- 350g chocolate chips, I used milk chocolate chips but mixing dark and milk together also works brilliantly
- STEP 1In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- STEP 2Gradually beat in the eggs and vanilla
- STEP 3In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, and salt.
- STEP 4Add this to the creamed mixture bit at a time and mix well. Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- STEP 5Shape the mixture into 36 balls and place them 5cm apart on ungreased baking trays, pressing each ball down with the back of a fork.
- STEP 6Bake in an oven preheated to 190C/gas mark 5 for 10-12 minutes, until edges start browning. Cool on wire rack