Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chinese chicken no.29
- Preparation and cooking time
- 30 minutes
- Serves 2
Quick and delicious chicken and green beans. A perfect mid-week dinner!
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp Chinese five spice
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 3 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 400g skinless boneless chicken breast, diced into 1inch cubes
- 200g fine green beans, topped and tailed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 125 ml red wine
- STEP 1In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, five spice, garlic, chilli flakes, lime juice and 1tbsp of oil
- STEP 2Add the chicken, stir well to coat. Set aside for 30 minutes
- STEP 3Place a non-stick wok or deep pan on high heat and add the remaining oil
- STEP 4When hot, add the chicken, stir well to seal, cook for 5 minutes
- STEP 5Add the green beans, cook for 5 minutes
- STEP 6Add the coriander and wine, stir well, cook for 5 minutes. The chicken should now be cooked through, but still tender and juicy
- STEP 7Enjoy alongside piping hot rice!