Vegetarian Bean Chilli
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 420g can kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 410g can haricot beans, drained
- 410g can adzuki beans, drained
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Sour cream and tortilla wraps to serve
- STEP 1In a large saucepan heat oil, add the onion and garlic and fry for five minutes until soft and golden.
- STEP 2Add chilli powder and fry for a further minute.
- STEP 3Add the kidney beans in chilli sauce, tomatoes, haricot beans, adzuki beans, salt and sugar, then stir thoroughly to combine.
- STEP 4Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- STEP 5Serve with sour cream and warmed tortilla wraps.