Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Broccoli and Sweet Corn Mash
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Transform your every day bland broccoli into a delicious, spicy and healthy side-dish. Packed full of vitamin C, fiber and vitamin K, this dish also contains turmeric for an extra antioxidant effect!
- 500g broccoli, steamed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 tbsp milk
- Parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mild curry
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- A handful of sweet corn (canned or frozen)
- 50g mozzarella, shredded
- STEP 1Steam the broccoli until soft (approx. 45 minutes for fresh broccoli).
- STEP 2In the meantime, beat two eggs in a bowl with 6 tbsp milk and a little chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- STEP 3Heat a large saucepan with a little extra virgin olive oil and add the garlic and the steamed broccoli to the pan. Break up the broccoli into small pieces using a wooden spoon and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- STEP 4Add the beaten eggs to the saucepan and let them cook until the bottom starts to set slightly (approx. 30 seconds). Add the turmeric, curry and oregano and stir until well-mixed. Add the sweet corn and the mozzarella and stir until the eggs are cooked and the mozzarella has melted.