Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Blueberry Victoria Sandwich with Lime frosting
- Preparation and cooking time
- 5 minutes to assemble cake when cold
- Serves 12
Ring the filling changes for a Victoria Sandwich
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large eggs weight of margarine/butter
- 3 large eggs weight of caster sugar
- 3 large eggs weight of SR flour, sifted
- tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp milk
- 250g blueberries
- 100g granulated sugar
- 100g butter
- 150g icing sugar
- 1/2 lime juice and peel
- STEP 1Pre-heat the oven to gas 3. Line 2 20cm sandwich tins.
- STEP 2Cream margarine and sugar together. Then add an egg at a time and beat in between in order to get as much air into the mixture. Add the vanilla essence and fold in the flour. Add milk to slacken the mixture so that it is a good dropping consistency. Divide between the two tins and bake for 35 minutes
- STEP 3While cakes are baking, make the blueberry compote by putting the blueberries and the granulated sugar in a small pan on a low heat. Stir until the sugar has melted and then boil until the sauce is thickened. Take off the heat and cool.
- STEP 4To make the frosting, soften the butter with the lime peel. Slowly add the icing sugar and lime juice and beat constantly until smooth.
- STEP 5Take out the cake and cool on wire racks. When cold, assemble by putting the compote on the bottom layer, adding the top and then covering the top with the frosting.