- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Rich wholesome tomato soup
- 1tsp oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 20gms sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 ltr chicken or veg stock
- 1 tbs tomato puree
- 400 gm tin of tomatoes
- STEP 1Put oil and onion into a saucepan. Cook on a low light for 5 minutes.
- STEP 2Add carrot, garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- STEP 3Add sun dried tomatoes, stock, tomato puree and tinned tomatoes. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- STEP 4Season with salt and pepper. Add a teaspoon of sugar if required to sweeten it up. The need for sugar depends on the sweetness of the tomatoes.
- STEP 5Liquidise in a processor or with a stick wizzer