Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Lemon and Poppy Seed Bread
- Preparation and cooking time
- 40 minutes Rising
- Makes 2 small loafs
This is a zesty lemon and poppy seed bread perfect for breakfast with lemon curd or jam.
- 400 g strong white bread flour
- 2-3 tsp dried yeast
- 2 large lemon zest
- 2 1/2 lemon juice
- Good sprinkling of poppy seeds
- 150ml warm water
- STEP 1Measure out all your ingredients and put flour, lemon zest and poppy seeds in a large bowl. Preheat the oven to 200c
- STEP 2Add the yeast to the water and pour into the flour with the lemon juice in small parts, mixing as you go to create a dough
- STEP 3Once it has all come together forming a dough, knead well on a floured surface for a few minutes. Place back in the bowl and cover in a warm place to rise for 30mins
- STEP 4Once risen take out, knead again and shape. This mix will make two plait loafs however you may shape them as you wish.
- STEP 5Place on the tray and leave to rise again add some poppy seeds on top and a squirt of lemon juice.
- STEP 6Place in the oven and bake for 20-25minutes.