Chocolate Concrete Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 20 squares of cakey goodness
Reminisce over the nostalgia of your primary school years with this crunchy chocolate treat!
- 160g Butter/Margerine
- 175g Granulated Sugar
- 225g Self-Raising Flour
- 25g Cocoa Powder
- 1 Egg
- STEP 1Pre-heat oven to gas mark 3 / 170C
- STEP 2Melt the butter, add the sugar and mix well.
- STEP 3Add the flour and cocoa and mix well until you have a stiff consistency.
- STEP 4Beat the egg and gently mix into the flour mixture.
- STEP 5Put the mixture into a greased 30cm x 18cm baking tray, and gently press into the corners and flatten into the tin.
- STEP 6Sprinkle with a little water and place in the top half of the oven for 45 minutes.
- STEP 7Then remove from oven and sprinkle with sugar. Allow to cool for 5 mins then cut into required size pieces and place on a wire tray.
- STEP 8You can either eat it as it is, or make some custard to go with it for dessert.