Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Icelandic Toblerone Ice Cream
- Preparation and cooking time
- Up to 24 hours set time
- Serves 4
A family recipe for Toblerone ice cream that we make every year at Christmas.
- 5 x Egg Yolks
- 125g x Light Muscavado Sugar
- 500ml x Double Cream
- 200g x Toblerone (chopped)
- 1tsp x Sherry
- STEP 1Mix the egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl
- STEP 2In a separate bowl, whisk the cream until it is thick enough to stick to the whisk, but not so thick it clumps
- STEP 3Fold the cream into the egg and sugar mixture along with the sherry until the cream has distributed evenly
- STEP 4Fold the Toblerone in and then place in the freezer for 24 hours, mixing every hour if you can or as frequently as possibly to stop with chocolate sinking to the bottom and to make it softer scoop