Broccoli with Garlic Butter and Cashews
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 2
- Broccoli in bite size pieces (1 head)
- Knob of butter
- Tsp brown sugar
- Dash soy sauce
- Dash white vinegar
- Pinch ground pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Small handful of chopped salted cashews
- STEP 1Place the broccoli into a large pot with about 1 inch of water in the bottom. Bring to a boil, and cook for 7 minutes, or until tender but still crisp. Drain, and arrange broccoli on a serving platter.
- STEP 2While the broccoli is cooking, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Mix in the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, pepper and garlic. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. Mix in the cashews, and pour the sauce over the broccoli. Serve immediately.