Fruit and Nut brittle
- Preparation and cooking time
- +cooling time
- Makes Makes around 6 gift bags
This fruit and nut brittle makes a perfect christmas present or a delicious snack
- caster sugar,300g
- mixed nuts (roughly chopped) ,200g
- salted peanuts ,50g
- glace cherries,50g (optional)
- STEP 1Line two baking trays with baking parchment. Put the sugar in a pan and place over a low heat. shake the pan gently until the sugar starts to form small clumps. It will gradually start to melt and turn a dark caramel colour when it has done this take it off the heat.
- STEP 2When it gets this colour mix in the nuts and glace cherries (if using), then pour the mixture onto the lined baking trays. Leave to cool.
- STEP 3when the brittle is completely cold and hard break it into shards and either eat it or wrap it up as a present.