Easy Pea Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- until vegetables are soft.
- Makes a big pot of soup
My way of making an easy pea soup for cold winter days
- 500 g of dried peas
- 2 leeks
- some celeriac (to your own taste) or some green celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 big onion
- 200 g of smoked bacon
- olive oil or butter
- pepper and salt
- STEP 1Melt butter in a big pot (or heat the oil)
- STEP 2Cut the vegetables and meat into small pieces. Fry the bacon and onion.
- STEP 3Add the cut vegetables and let the simmer for a while. Just take care you don't burn them. Wash the peas in cold water and add to the pot. Add water until vegetables are covered.
- STEP 4Bring to the boil and lower the heat. Let the soup boil till the peas are soft.
- STEP 5Blend the soup until it looks smooth. Season with pepper and salt. Add more water is the soup is to thick.
- STEP 6If you like you can serve the soup without blending it. Serve the soup big slices of bread (home made or not)