Lemon Bread and Butter Pudding
Member recipe by hannahbanana64
A delicious recipe for a traditional English pudding with a difference.
- 2 handfuls of raisins
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 8 slices of bread
- 40g butter
- Jar of lemon curd
- 50g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 pint (450 ml) milk
- Custard or icecream to serve.
- Leave the raisins to soak in the lemon juice.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and butter a 7" x 9" (18 x 23cm) shallow oven-proof dish.
- Butter the bread, spread thickly with lemon curd and cut in to quaters.
- Arrange one layer of bread, covering the bottom of the dish and add the raisins and brown sugar before adding the next layer.
- Continue like this until all the bread is used up (making about 3 layers).
- Beat the eggs and milk together and pour over the bread then leave to stand for 10 mins.
- Cook at 180C for about 20 mins or until golden and crisp on the top.