Basic Muffin Recipe
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1-12 muffins
- 2 eggs
- 200g Castor Sugar
- 250g Milk
- 125ml Vegetable Oil
- 400g Plain Flour
- 3tsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Salt Or 400g Self Raising Flour
- 100g Cocoa Powder
- 50g Chocolate Chips
- STEP 1Preheat oven at Gas Mark 6 or a medium temperature. Line muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- STEP 2Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and then mix in the oil and milk. Add the sugar and whisk until dissolved.
- STEP 3Sift in the ingredients; flour, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips and mix until soft.
- STEP 4Fill in the muffin cases TWO THIRDS ONLY (right size for muffins) and bake in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes.
- STEP 5Leave to cool or enjoy warm.