Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 25
Lovely and light great for breakfast or as a little snack with a cup of tea.
- 450g self-raising flour
- 50g caster sugar
- Teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 150ml milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 110g unsalted butter diced
- 50g creme fraiche
- STEP 1Sieve the flour, baking powder into a bowl and mix in the sugar. Then add in the butter. Work the butter into the flour, sugar and baking powder (the mixture should look like dry breadcrumbs).
- STEP 2Then add the milk, egg and creme fraiche (don't use all of the mixture you will some of it to glaze with a the end). Stir in everything and then knead and roll the mixture out.
- STEP 3Then use a pastry cutter to cut out with and put into a oven preheated at 180 degrees Celsius. Bake for 20-30 mins.